Greetings from Joyful Journey! Our organization is committed to doing our part to help keep our community safe. For this reason, we will be closing temporarily starting Monday, March 16th and hope to reopen on Tuesday, March 31st. We will keep you posted!
Please check in to our Facebook page often as we will be posting uplifting, positive, and encouraging sentiments. Need an extra boost of support? Please send us a message through Facebook Messenger and we will respond.
For the Community and by the Community
Joyful Journey is a 501(c)3 not for profit, charitable organization.
Ways to Give
Do you have a professional service to donate? We’d like to speak with you!
- Contractor Repair Services
- Printing Services: logo apparel, media printing
- Marketing Specialist
- Computer Repair and Maintenance Technician
- Lawn Care Services: fertilizing/weed killer, mulch
All financial contributions to Joyful Journey are tax deductible. Each donation makes a difference in allowing affordable care for everyone.
What long lasting legacy would you like to provide to our community? Please contact Gerard Benner at email@example.com
For those families who wish to place Joyful Journey as a Memorial Recipient, a plaque has been designated: Celebrating the Life. Please contact Bess Witcosky, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for self-addressed envelopes and further information.
Gifts of Donated Items
Please see our Wishlist for items. You are welcome to drop off items at our house Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Please be sure to affix your name and address to your item. Please email us at email@example.com for specific needs.
Contact Bess Witcosky, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding many opportunities.
Spread the JOY!
Our best advocate is YOU!
Our Volunteer Philosophy
Volunteers are vital to our success. Their special skills and talents add variety, depth and quality to a day at Joyful Journey…for Friends, Staff and other Volunteers.
Our Volunteers are partners in our mission and will benefit from their time with us as much as we benefit from their contributions.
- Art Work Facilitator
- Gardening with Friends
- Spring & Fall Maintenance Squad
Personal Benefits of Volunteering
- Build new skills, helping you interact with family or friends with cognitive and physical challenges
- Feel the satisfaction of helping us be successful in our mission; help make our community a great place to live
- Improve your own health and sense of well-being
- Opportunity to teach and share your skills and knowledge with Staff and Friends
- Gain work experience, receive school credit and/or fulfill community service requirements
Joyful Journey is a real house serving and caring for many people throughout the day. As with any house, we are constantly replenishing our supplies. You can help by donating needed items:
- Clorox Wipes
- Unscented Liquid Hand Soap
- Window Cleaner Refill
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Dishwasher Liquid Spot Preventer
- High Efficiency Laundry Detergent - Free and Clear
- All Purpose Cleaner Spray or Similar Item
- Castille Soap
- White Vinegar
- Shout Color Catchers
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towel
- 13 Gal. Kitchen Garbage Bags
- Large Trash Bags
- Various Sz of Plastic Baggies
- Paper Plates/Bowls - Birthday plates are great!
- Paper Napkins
- Plastic Wrap
- Dish Towels and Dish Cloths
- Large serving spoons, table spoons
- Paring knives
- Post It Notes
- Electric Pencil Sharpener
- White Correction Fluid
- All Sizes Batteries (esp, AA, AAA)
- LR44 Button Batteries
- Reg Sz Manilla Folders
- Reg Sz Hanging File Folders
- Envelopes – Reg, Legal Sz and Large Clasp
- White Copy Paper
- Postage Stamps
- Dry Erase Markers/Eraser
- Thank You Cards
- Staples Gift Card
- 12 Cup Coffee Maker
- Cheese Sticks
- Beef Sticks
- Crystal Light Sugar Free Drink Mixes
- Instant Decaf Coffee
- Coffee Filters for Regular Size Brewer
- Regular and Sugar free cookies
- Graham Crackers
- Butter Type Crackers
- Fish Shaped Crackers
- Music CD’s (new and gently used of varying genres)
- iPod Shuffles (new only for Music and Memory Program)
- Wii Exercise Games - Bowling, Tennis, Baseball (new or gently used)
- Karaoke Music CD’s (oldies, religious, Christmas – with vocals)
- Colored Pencils
- 8.5 x 11 Card Stock (white and color)
- Copy Paper (assorted colors, pastels and bright)
- Mini-Hot Glue Gun Sticks
- Scrap Book Paper
- Stickers, Ribbons, Beads
- Gift Bags
- Stamps and Stamp Pads
- Piano Sound Blanket
- Bird Seed
- Hanging Annual Flowers/Starter Garden Plants all for shade
- Weed Killer Spray
- Potting Soil
- Medium Size Clay Pots
- Standing Outdoor Planter Box
- Concrete safe ice remover pellets
- Small flat head shovel
- Angle Headed Broom
Larger Home Items
- In-house Closed Circuit Camera System
- Laptop Computer
- New patio table and chairs - please ask for space requirements
- Walmart, Payless, Marsh, Meijer, Aldi, Amazon
- Car Washes, Theaters, and Eateries – Volunteer Thank You Gifts
- iTunes Gift Cards (to purchase music for Music and Memory Program)
Joyful Journey is a community-based not-for-profit organization committed to providing compassionate and loving adult day service that preserves the dignity and well-being of everyone who visits & provides encouragement and support to every caregiver.
Monday-Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm